How has failure changed you?
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Just a student

Upload
    295 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I was pretty full of myself once, because I thought that I could easily pass any test without preparation and didn't have to do my homework. Then I discovered that was not the case, and made me an overall less cocky person.
    Kobowo Tokusentai -Wrighto, The Cyan Shadow

OS Most Powerful Witch

Upload
    2148 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

For me, failure is just an outcome of having no enough experience on the things/paths that we wanted to take. Failure gives us the lessons to learn. Through our learning, we can make a better and wise decisions in life. We may fail all over again but always remember the progress you've made after the first failure you had.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

A failure is not really a pre requisite in order for you to succeed. There are just times when in the path we choose to take we experience failures along the way, there may also be times that we achieve something we want where we dont really fail at all. It is just a matter of doing things and making them fall perfectly into place so that we may achieve goals without experiencing the pain that it is to fail.

Thanks

Failure has taught me not to put my complete trust in anyone, it may sound bad but always having a backup plan has saved me quite a few times. Failure has taught me to always make sure that I have something to fall back on, never to let your guard down and not to surrender.

I believe failure has made me stronger.

"Once you have tasted defeat, you fight that much harder not to experience it again."
    "WHY ISN'T IT WORKING??!"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to martindude For This Useful Post:

LastVanguard (01-12-2016)

Anime Revolutionist
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

My own story about this:

The first "real" job I had was working for a small computer support company in the midwest United States. While I enjoyed that job, I was fired barely a year into my employment for "performance-based reasons". In reality, I'll freely admit that the problem was my attitude when it came to really stressful work situations.

As most will admit, it's painful to get "canned" from a job, especially when the reason is YOU. I had to walk home to an empty apartment with no income and think "alright, I messed up. What can I do to fix this problem moving forward, and do something with my life?".

After hitting the books really hard to grab a couple certifications over the next month, I mustered my courage and applied for a job with Dell computers. After interviewing, I was called barely the moment I got in my car and told I got the job.

The rest of my career/life has been a heck of a ride ever since.

Since then, I've worked for some incredible places (Google and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security to name a few..) and traveled all over the country, and found the value in constantly improving not only yourself, but your work ethic and way of life.

Moral of the story? There's a difference between mistakes and failure. Failure is ultimately a way of life, and it's a choice that YOU make. Mistakes are a natural part of life, and overcoming them is a tune we can all dance to.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Failure, failure was the eternal bane of my life. After failing to the standards that i set for my life, i became so depressed and suicidal in a way. Never was a day I thought about ending it, i always felt empty and worthless. Talking does not even help, i even distanced myself from friends coz im not the way i used to be, id rather spare them the time of consoling the depressed me.

It probably is the most painful and loneliest times I ever lived. Time passes but the emptiness is contained it never withers its just there, Time merely was an afterthought, it was frozen on the depths of depression.

To be honest, I just woke up one day looking at myself, telling that im better than this,maybe the grass is greener on the other side, I mean its hard, its stupid, its shameful to share and start over again but its the same way if you do nothing. So slowly i got up back again and start working again, mind you this was quite a while before i thought about doing something for myself again.

Love yourself, learn from it and move on, look back coz failure is gold. At the current state of failure you might not realize why it is happening to you, why you were not able to stop "failing", why , its always a why, but all in all its just a bitter pill to swallow, it is something we need to prepare ourselves to the thing called life.

Cheers to those who failed, we experienced life first hand.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

It has made me stronger.

Novice Uploader
    Upload
    173 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

failing is necessity for growth, my first experience would be the first time i goes to business, i failed to maintain and it failed greatly, but creating one again and use the failure of the past i learned what is needed and what is not, being greedy is not really a sin but to a certain degree, since if you cant be greedy how will you raise yourself and someone around you.

Death Moonlight Prince sasuke15y's Avatar
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I never regretted any mistake I made in my past life since it molded me to a better me now. I just served those failures as one of my stepping stones to begin with.

OS chef in the making
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

There is no failure. There are only lessons to be learned.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I used to fear making mistakes, but now I see them more as learning opportunities. I don't think it's altered any other aspect of my personality.

aaand then?
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Success isn't one straight path up to the top! You've gotta fail a large amount of times to really bask in the true feeling of success.

Whenever you're down and out, you've gotta reeeeally remember that feeling and know that someday, you will achieve something in such stark contrast to that if you continue reaching for ya dreams. As cheese as it sounds.

Ain't no shame in failure. Failure shapes your unique success. You HAVE to fail in order to really, deeply succeed.

Failing is an important feeling to experience.

QUEEN OF juggling multiple bad habits!

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Whenever I fail, I always say to myself that "this failure will be my stepping stone to success" I know it sounds good but it doesn't always go that well. Even if you say this to yourself you're still gonna think about your embarrassing failures sometimes. Failures aren't bad as it means, in fact it's true that it makes you stronger, in a sense.

So back to the question, how did failure changed me? As embarrassing as this gets, it made me socially awkward. But, yeah, when I said failures can make you stronger, it's true. In my case, Because I'm so embarrassed not to repeat the same mistake(s) or failure(s) that I did, I become so cautious that I always think what are gonna be the consequences if I did this and that first before doing something silly. So, it made me stronger in a sense not to do something without thinking what's gonna happen next and whatnot.

TL:DR, it made me stronger by not repeating the mistake(s) I did. And also, I think the best thing I learned is...to have a facade.

Thanks

I don't think that you need to fail in able to find success. But while reaching your goal, it might be difficult and they may be some up and downs but that doesn't mean it's a failure. It only means that you need to keep on trying as you're almost there :)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Failure means anything to anybody and that what makes you strong i use it actually to gain control again myself...
    "Trust your own instinct. Your mistake might as well be your own, instead of someone else's" - Billy Wilder

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Failure... I can honestly say I feel I have had many failures in my life. Some that had left me feeling bereft of any sort of happiness. But... I do not believe that it has left me weak. If anything my failures have made me stronger and wiser. I believe that the failures in my life are something I can learn from and over come. They are things that have left scars in my life that even though they may not heal they can only make me stronger because I can endure the pain that comes from those failures. Because putting those failure behind me and moving forward makes me stronger than wallowing within those failures.

"Those who should Kill, are those prepared to be killed!"

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I have always thought that those who have failed a few times or struggled to gain what they were after had a better appreciation for it when they achieved their goal. Also it gives them a leg up next time as they have information gained from loss that the victor does not.

Thanks

Well, it applies to some people. Not all people became successful after failure. They've given up after failed attempts (like me). But I also believe that all successful people have also failed at some point because no one is perfect.

aaand then?
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I sincerely believe that REAL success can only be appreciated through the failures that you inevitably experience along the way to the top.

Yes, very rarely, some people are lucky enough to achieve some level of success without really experiencing failure - however, failure shapes and builds character. Failure makes you stronger for the next fight you're meant to go up against in the future.

My favourite - albeit, cheesy - quote is: "If things feel like they're getting harder, you've just leveled up." And it's so true! Success is not a straight line to the top. There are tons of curves and whirrs and blips and bloops to the peak.

QUEEN OF juggling multiple bad habits!

Thanks

As what they always say, you can't learn without experiencing failure, and you can't move on without experiencing one

"Okay, and that's the end. For an ugly guy like me, a love story won't just start out of somewhere. This is reality"
    ~Motoyama