PDA

View Full Version : OS version 2

avich
05-29-2010, 06:16 AM
There are so many changes that I do not know where to start, so going to just give an overview and have you guys find out the changes yourselves :)

New Features
- Personal Blogs
- Improved Groups
- Previous and Next buttons on the video
- OS Radio (Finally!)
- Seeking support for all videos
- OS Chat below the video
- Surprise Me! function (when you dont know what to watch)
- Improved anime search function
- Updated OS mini chat
- Manga (coming soon)

Features removed
- Gaming section (compatibility issues)

Thanks to Jim's hard work, OS version 2 is now faster than it has ever been since it was opened back in December of 2008. Everything has been improved from ground to up and is snappy and has a great response time (all pages are generated in less than a second) So let me talk briefly about the features

Personal Blogs

That's right folks, you can now have your own blog here on OS! You can use this as your space to speak out your mind and share it with others. Users leave a comment on the blogs you create and you instantly receive a notification that someone has commented on your blog. Be heard in OS blog :4:

Improved Groups

Well for starters, the User Interface of the group section is better organized. There is now a separate link to see whether there are new discussions in the group and also with the new album management system, it is so much easier to share your album pictures with your groups. Just try it out :)

Previous and Next buttons on the video

After so many requests, a previous and next button underneath the video for increased user friendliness. ( Just in case people thought we were not friendly enough!:1:)

OS Radio

It is back and now it is here to stay (I hope). You can now just chill and listen to OS personal radio station. Future features will include DJ and lyrics support for each song.

Seeking support for all videos

Now with the new server upgrade, we now have the capacity to implement seek video function to all of our videos. While this is true, it would still take some time to migrate those videos from our current video hosts to the new server (we now have 20K+ videos). Slowly but surely, all videos will have this feature.

OS Chat below the video

A lot of people has requested this so it is now possible to for you chat while you stream. If you enable it in your settings, the OS chatbox will appear below each video. But note that it is turned off by default so don't freak out if you don't see it, just go to your settings and enable it.

Surprise Me! function

If you don't know what to watch today and are mesmerized with all the titles to choose from, you can have OS choose for you. Surprise Me function randomly chooses any first episode in of all titles here on OS.

Improved anime search function

When you go to our Streaming page, you will notice that we did not display all titles in one page at once in an effort to speed up its page load time and also lessen the server load. While it was convenient because you could just Ctrl+F to find an anime, we have replaced that primitive search technique with our far superior search function.

We have implemented a auto-complete function in the search bar so you could quickly select the title you wanted to search and at the same time have an overview of all the similar titles if you did not know the full title name.

If you don't know the title and just want to be more specific on your search, you can use the advance feature where you could select the Video Type, Genre and you could choose from an array of options to sort it out.

I truly hope that this would help you members :)

OS Mini Chat
Try the new version ... its pretty cool. Send your personal hand written message to your friends on OS and other cool stuff.

Manga

And of course the manga section. Currently it is under construction but it will be up on the next update once we have a decent load of manga uploaded

Edit: Actually this was scrapped altogether due to the huge file sizes manga would take once we have titles at the hundreds.

Gaming Section (removed)

We have not included the gaming section on this major update because it was not compatible with the new OS. So we would like to apologize to members who are affected by this. If we can find a way to add it again, we would it asap. (I know K is bitterly disappointed with its loss...)

That is just an overview and I have not covered a lot of things... so just check it out yourselves :)

If there are bugs, which we suspect that there are a lot, please help us by reporting it. Thanks

Kurtherror
05-30-2010, 03:14 AM
waa no arcade!! anyways its fine

kimzs
05-30-2010, 03:27 AM
woo cool

kaien011
05-30-2010, 03:41 AM
*speechless* i'm truly amazed at you guys, thanks for all the dedication, time, hard work and effort in making OS the most amazing place/site to be. I'm proud of being an OS member and will be supporting you guys along the sidelines. Again, Thank You and nice work.

~All Hail OS!

LordKaname
05-30-2010, 03:43 AM
so cool!! All Hail Os!

kaien011
05-30-2010, 03:45 AM
*speechless* i'm truly amazed at you guys, thanks for all the dedication, time, hard work and effort in making OS the most amazing place/site to be. I'm proud of being an OS member and will be supporting you guys along the sidelines. Again, Thank You and nice work.
~All Hail OS!

ziram210
05-30-2010, 03:56 AM
please return the old streaming list it is so hard to find the anime with all the next buttons!

weisner21
05-30-2010, 04:06 AM
Nice job jim!!! I guess this is still beta am I right?
I was really shock man!!! very far from the old one!!!
All hail otaku-streamers

tambaylang2000
05-30-2010, 04:13 AM
Cool new version of OS... I can't wait for the release of manga ^__^

Snoozy19
05-30-2010, 05:08 AM
Like we all say "All hail OS"....XD

pikel
05-30-2010, 07:26 AM
Finally a random button... I love it :D

takasuryuuji
05-30-2010, 07:32 AM
"All hail OS"
nice job...

RenegadeXD
05-30-2010, 07:54 AM
Lolz Though I liked the old Streaming Page the new one is a bit complicated......
I Still like what you guys did in the improved version hahahahaha

kyoyahostluv
05-30-2010, 08:08 AM
I like how the site was redone, but the old one was fine the way it was. Either way, I'm still going to be on as much as I can!!!!

solidoxygen
05-30-2010, 09:35 AM
Wow, I never expected such a drastic update. I am very impressed with this new site. Hopefully any bugs will be crushed soon. I will need to explore all the new features now.

All Hail OS!

ranmachua
05-30-2010, 10:41 PM
I hope the problem of some anime videos that fast forward itself when there's a minute left is solved

eliemusica
05-31-2010, 01:29 AM
this is totally cool!!i think the upgrade version has an edgier look, has this 'we mean serious business' kinda look and i really love it!!2thumbs up!!!thanks for those whos really dedicated to make this happen!!!~ALL HAIL OS!

eliemusica
05-31-2010, 01:42 AM
I LOVE IT!!it has all the goodness of OS V1 and a whole lot more!!i'm loving this new look and the surprise me button really helps me in looking for new anime..but i'm still waiting for the manga academy and my watch log to return so right now i'm just going to look around and discover all those hidden bugs lol..n all thumbs up for the blog academy. mybe i'm gonna start one....if i'm good enuf lolz..anyway, thanks to all those who made this happend..jbluey, bindu and whole lot more..THANKS A LOT!!~

mlcdl
05-31-2010, 01:48 AM
well the update is good but there are some function that got lost.

And then again OSv2 is great as well but still I want to see the final update to see which is better...the first or the latest version

Achlys
05-31-2010, 03:07 AM
you do know that you have been scolded at the cb
the OSv2 is better always the version two is better
-searches for manga- what you want the old one now?
and i just noticed that this is like the forums in dollars xD
its awesome

mlcdl
05-31-2010, 03:14 AM
you do know that you have been scolded at the cb
the OSv2 is better always the version two is better
-searches for manga- what you want the old one now?
and i just noticed that this is like the forums in dollars xD
its awesome

Hahahaha so you want me to go to the Dollars site....no intention at all

and you post after the fight then I post before the fight so I think that you're just putting only tension.....

Hahahaha

charific
05-31-2010, 02:07 PM
does anyone know how to see all the new uploads?

cms321
06-02-2010, 02:29 AM
I too also miss being able to see the entire list of latest uploads. Is THAT function/page coming back?

jbluey
06-02-2010, 03:19 AM
I too also miss being able to see the entire list of latest uploads. Is THAT function/page coming back?

have you tried going to streaming page > and clicking "Recent Updates"?

IndI311
06-02-2010, 03:37 AM
Lolz Though I liked the old Streaming Page the new one is a bit complicated......
I Still like what you guys did in the improved version hahahahaha

I've got the same feelings about the streaming page, i liked the old one more because i could see the whole list of animes on one small page, but now there are like 58 pages to click trough.
but the poster pop up is pretty nice.

alrius2000
06-02-2010, 09:38 AM
Just getting used to it now...
thanks and all hail OS :emhh24::emhh24:

itsallRYE
06-02-2010, 09:51 AM
i miss being able to see all the anime in one list... but we need this upgrade to maintain the site in the future.. to maintain more anime to come.. nice job guys ^_^

TheRedOne
10-28-2010, 09:13 AM
YAY!!! Manga on OS!!! Waiting for that!!! YES!!!

icsenen002
10-28-2010, 12:02 PM
OSv2 is cool!! but having a OSv3 well thats something to look forward too ^_^

Kobowo
10-28-2010, 12:33 PM
same here icsen @[email protected] I would be looking forward to three if there would be one XD
and cool that we're gonna have a manga section~

pengu
10-28-2010, 01:18 PM
hmm might be able to read manga if its on OS

qwertyuiop10
11-01-2010, 04:38 AM
This is the Osv2

ALL HAIL OS!

Rakkun
11-01-2010, 04:49 AM
I find the v2 of OS

nicer than the 1st V ....

all hail OS~

Liberator
11-02-2010, 05:03 PM
sounds awesome but is it possible to put in an events page for conventions or maybe something local? or a place where we could organize an event for os members ourselves in our local area (or could all just be another forum section) I would like to get more involved in the community so I thought maybe something aimed towards organized events would be nice, especially since im not from the phillipines and cannot join in the events there. if this post was no good or already brought up before PM me and I will delete this one if that is the case.
Thank you for reading.

alt143
11-02-2010, 05:38 PM
Wwooooooooowwwww! Im so excited! :) Manga and games! Yatta~ Thanks OS! <3

inubazh11
11-18-2010, 04:00 PM
Sorry to interrupt the celebration, but isn't this a little bit reckless?:) i dont know much about lawsuits and copyright, but there are many sites that are getting shut down because of scanned mangas.:) i hope we are not getting shut down .:)