PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer 40k mmo-something

Ratman9000
03-07-2010, 09:09 PM
I dont know if there are any Warhammer 40k fans on here but this is the only forum that I really have a subscription too and damnit im going to say my peace.

I've heard a lot of crap about Space Marines would be too overpowered and that they should only be NPCs. That is a load of crap. First of all the Warhammer 40k universe is not the fairest place... Second of all this can be semi-rectified by making it INSANELY hard to become a Space marine in the first place. Like in the old SWG when you actually had to work to be a Jedi.

There could be the Imperial guardsmen or humans or whatever as one race then traitor humans as another, eldar, orks, etc. But then Space Marines would be their own race essentially. You pick your chapter (one of the original loyalist chapter probably) Then you do INTENSE missions depending on what chapter you chose. Like the Imperial Fists will have missions more designed towards defense than a chapter like the Space Wolves.

Eventually along the chain missions that you have to do to even become a true Space Marine and get your armor and your profession you will experience a "Test of Faith" moment as I like to call it when you will have to choose to stay loyal to the Emperor or join the scum of Chaos. Obviosly this is where the Chaos Space Marines would come from thus creating another "race" for the game.

These is just an idea and I do NOT claim to be a MMO designer. But I am an ardent fan of the Space Marines and would hate to see them stuck to an NPC role. I personally would not mind spending days even getting my armor to become a Space Marine. Unfortunatly there will be those people who dont want to go through all that and just want to play as a Space Marine.

I thank you OS for letting me vent.
I would like any opinions that you guys have to offer.

Riou123
04-16-2010, 07:51 AM
so this is wat you do on DOW 2... i really want to play DOW 2 but comp cant handle the graphics
so sad T.T

im only up to Dark Crusade ehehe.... space marines are great but i still prefer the imperial guard!
Does anyone here read the DOW comics? can give me link to the comics hehe

TOMMO232
05-31-2010, 06:23 PM
i play table top warhammer 40k i play as space marines black templars

takasuryuuji
05-31-2010, 06:30 PM
I play DOW Dark Crusade and I only use Necrons and Chaos...

Noctis
06-03-2010, 07:13 AM
i play table top warhammer 40k any role is awesome