PDA

View Full Version : Tokyo Bans Loli

BloodyAngel
02-28-2010, 12:18 PM
http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp238/gilms1/40702__468x_sumaga-loli-usagi.jpg

Weeee... They Finally Banning them!!! Wait a minute..... NOOO DON'T BAN THEM D:

An extreme stealth ban on loli material extending to clothing or voices reminiscent of a person under the age of 18 has been proposed as an amendment to Tokyos regional laws, with clear nationwide implications.

A summary of the relevant passages from the proposed amendment:

Any literature or film which might be thought to constitute a depiction of sexual activity involving or apparently involving a person under 18, someone dressed in a manner reminiscent of an under-18, or who speaks like an under-18, may not in Tokyo be viewed by or sold or distributed to any young person.

This is indeed as vague, subjective and sweeping as it appears. A similar clause bans anything resembling rape.

Although phrased as a ban on sales and distribution to under-18s, the ramifications would be far more severe anything which might fall foul of the incredibly vague and ambiguous definition of *unhealthy material* given above would likely have to either be censored completely or take an *adult mark*and be treated as age-restricted adult material throughout the Tokyo area.

Tokyo is of course where most anime, manga and games are made and sold any such restrictions would undoubtedly cause a drastic reduction in sales and consequently production, with nationwide implications.

The ban would also extend to Internet distribution, though whether just to Tokyo minors or also by Tokyo companies to minors elsewhere is not clear. Presumably television would also be within the remit of the ban as well.

A direct translation of the heavy legalese, from the Tokyo Metropolitan Area Youth Protection Ordinance Reform Bill:

Section 3: Restriction of the Sale of Unhealthy Literature

[A ban on sales, lending or distribution to, or viewing by, minors in the Tokyo area would cover:]

1. Items which stimulate sexual emotions, foster cruelty, encourage suicide or promote crime, or otherwise impede the healthy growth of youth. [This clause is identical to current legislation]

2. Items which through age, clothing, accessories, school year, setting, other peoples ages, or voice, seems reminiscent of a person who might be recognised as an under-18 (hereafter called a a fictional minor) engaged in, or appearing to be engaged in, sexual activity or activity resembling sexual activity, or which impede the development of healthy sexual faculties in youths, or which might be feared to obstruct the healthy development of youths.

dothacked
02-28-2010, 12:26 PM
Ehhh!? their baning lolis now??

kimu07
02-28-2010, 12:31 PM
NOOOO!!!!
they cant do this!!
>.<

what about the anime hanamaru youchien??
is it also banned??

ratratrat098
02-28-2010, 12:51 PM
Waaah, what will happen to Akihabara?!!! Surely otakus might migrate somewhere and "the town of Otaku" might fall.

AngelaKawaii
02-28-2010, 12:57 PM
It's just a candy X3 :emhh12:

NOOOOO !! :emhh02:

jadeliciousdk
02-28-2010, 12:59 PM
Any literature or film which might be thought to constitute a depiction of sexual activity involving or apparently involving a person under 18, someone dressed in a manner reminiscent of an under-18, or who speaks like an under-18, may not in Tokyo be viewed by or sold or distributed to any young person.

As I understand it they are banning it for young people. Meaning Akihabara will still be populated by Otaku's, they just all be older than 18 or 21, whatever age bar they decide to go with.

I guess they are trying to deal with the borderline ****** anime like kissxsis etc.

I personally think that anime like that is crossing the line, but I'm not sure this is the appropriate way to deal with it.

koedt
02-28-2010, 01:20 PM
Not really a fine way to do this but . . .

NOTE: If you read the clause carefully it's actually pretty vague and seems like it serves as a small addition to whatever clause they used to have.

They are not trying to ban loli, they are just restricting it. Will it make a difference at all is the question I want to ask.

P.S. It's unlikely they will try to completely ban it, it they do so it's like banning alcohol. (LOL!)

p0815554
02-28-2010, 01:23 PM
No way, that is like taking the apple out of a fruit pie

ratratrat098
02-28-2010, 01:47 PM
Lol, I read the news and it said that it is not YET passed as a bill and is still under review as a proposed amendment. And there are no penalty implemented with the bill so the whole "ban" thing is something not to worry about. Plus this is pretty similar to "do not sell cigarettes to minors" policy where vendors are not allowed to sell anything that depict loli to young people.

asaness01234
02-28-2010, 02:45 PM
if that's going to be passed....what a pain

NO MORE LOLI ?!?

MaoChan
02-28-2010, 03:46 PM
noooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shhh im turning 18 on june lol

Rylsouske
02-28-2010, 03:46 PM
Well, poor Sanzenin Nagi, not only can she show Hayate her body, but... We wont get to see fan service's again T_T

pikel
02-28-2010, 03:48 PM
I think they should take up the US's stance on loli where as long as no real children are involved it's okay because it fits under the first amendment right of freedom of speech... I say this after seeing that youtube video about 10-15 gravure idol photo spreads with them in g-strings and sexually suggestive positions. I'm sure I'm not the only one to find that disturbing. Essentially it would appear they just gave those photo books/magazines **** status. Quite frankly, if they actually made it to where this affects manga and anime, it would more than likely cause the downfall of anime. How many series doesn't have a least one loli character? High School romances? I don't see it being passed.

Ryuji
02-28-2010, 04:17 PM
well, they said that they will ban it for people under the age of 18, so if the case is that loli anime, manga, toys, pvc figures etc will be still made but just banned for people under the age of 18 its ok with me, but if they ban it completely or censor it i will literally explode but i dont think that thats the case

p0815554
02-28-2010, 04:26 PM
Lets hope that it is not selling cigarettes to minors scenerio. ALL we can do is to hope

koedt
02-28-2010, 04:32 PM
Well . . . this has happened several times before . . . and none of them seems to be effective at all . . .

kingofchimps
02-28-2010, 04:41 PM
personally, i'm tired of seeing every girl's panties every time they bend over in every anime. This bill, if it is passed, will probably just limit anime and manga from becoming overly and unnecessarily sexual.

hokeymon
02-28-2010, 04:55 PM
I RAGE :emhh12:

neojin
02-28-2010, 04:59 PM
I knew this day would come.... Yet why does it still hurt? TT_TT

jzero99
02-28-2010, 05:13 PM
eehmm...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Seraph
02-28-2010, 06:40 PM
EPIC

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
:emhh12::emhh12::emhh12:

visualcandyk
02-28-2010, 09:44 PM
>_> Great take everything from us. Why the lolis? :(

tonyu56
02-28-2010, 09:46 PM
This is bad for a number of reasons. I personally don't really give a crap about loli, but under 18 includes high schoolers. THAT MEANS NO KISS X SIS OR ECCHI HIGH SCHOOL LIFE ANIME/MANGA!!!! WHY!?!?!?!?! TOYKO WHY?!?!?!?!

otakuq
02-28-2010, 10:16 PM
WHADDAF**K? THATS INSANE. Oh well, i guess this just means less loli will be in production, but it will still be there. banning loli is like banning music, NOTHING will change.

In response to the person im too lazy to go up there and look at thier name despite the fact typing this sentence took longer than it would have to go back and look,
Akihabara will NEVER ban loli. that would require the mayor or whatever its called in japan agreeing to it, to pass the law for that town, which, if passed, will be ran out of town within seconds of thinking it. so i think we are safe...

Pattehfilipino
02-28-2010, 10:24 PM
well this personally won't effect me...
I think they understand that such things are problems, and that a line should be drawn.

looker
02-28-2010, 10:58 PM
you can't be serious... There is a bunch of animes that i wanted to see... :/

ZenNaari
02-28-2010, 11:17 PM
Ah... hmm... does that mean they'll ban Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei episode 7? Cuz pretty much all the students suddenly become loli in that episode... and even Otonashi Maeru made her first panty shot in that episode.

Anyway... still this disturbs me a lot. Let's make some Activist group and get Loli back WHEN this bill is passed and... hey wait... since when did people start listening to bills again.

And why am I speaking so calmly?

!!!I WANT LOLI!!!

otakuq
02-28-2010, 11:33 PM
i also demand the source of that image. sorry for double post if applicable

vaporeon200
03-01-2010, 01:39 AM
I demand satisfaction....
And my satisfaction = LOLI...

Also the image link and where you get more images like that please...

I really hope they don't totally ban Loli.... :emhh23:

icebreak01
03-01-2010, 02:37 AM
hmm... the number of people that is affected of this "loli ban" worries me ^_^
<no harm intended>

superfriar19
03-01-2010, 03:23 AM
what a joke. so it will be illegal to watch loli anime but it will be legal to watch child ****.

flamepan
03-01-2010, 03:34 AM
I think they should take up the US's stance on loli where as long as no real children are involved it's okay because it fits under the first amendment right of freedom of speech... I say this after seeing that youtube video about 10-15 gravure idol photo spreads with them in g-strings and sexually suggestive positions. I'm sure I'm not the only one to find that disturbing. Essentially it would appear they just gave those photo books/magazines **** status. Quite frankly, if they actually made it to where this affects manga and anime, it would more than likely cause the downfall of anime. How many series doesn't have a least one loli character? High School romances? I don't see it being passed.

some many animes have high school or middle school ppl in it very few that have stuff like that have ppl over 18 in the anime doing sexual stuff it sux if it does affect it

otakuq
03-01-2010, 04:39 AM
my guess is this will end the same way as the alcohol ban ended in the united states

Vaseri
03-01-2010, 05:03 AM
The audacity! But i can see what they are trying to do.

s3cr3tb0y12
03-01-2010, 05:04 AM
What the heck its not right >.>

otakuq
03-01-2010, 05:29 AM
i found the source of the article
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2010/02/28/tokyo-faces-loli-ban/ (not safe for work) and the image source is here
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/05/26/american-guilty-of-loli-manga-possession-faces-15-years/ (also not safe for work.)

sankaku rules

OH; and the ironic thing about this is, shortly after, they name a elementry school after a loli eroge brand. if you wanna read the article it is here
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2010/03/01/cherry-elementary-school-named-after-loli-eroge-brand/ (not safe for work, sankaku never is because of its banners on the sides)

one again, sankaku's articles rule.

dawnthecat
03-01-2010, 07:04 AM
Okay. I just have to say this.
LOLI IS SICK! If little girls turn you on, seek help.
I know that there are a lot of good anime/manga out there that have Loli characters, but Loli itself is disgusting. There are TOO many Loli characters out there, and if this bill manages to pass, the worst effect it will have is a switch from Loli to a new type of stereotypical character in manga/anime.

coolpacket
03-01-2010, 09:22 AM
Wtf! What triggered this new law?

ravensoulx28
03-01-2010, 09:36 AM
IMO, the restriction is good but just like Bloody Angel said, the law is very ambiguous in meaning. It could very well mean banning loli altogether. I think what they should think about is proper sex education if it impedes the healthy development of their youth. I grew up watching loli and I know what's good and bad. They just need to discipline their youth. I would prefer having the juvenile court handle this.

Bindu1000
03-01-2010, 09:43 AM
As I understand it they are banning it for young people. Meaning Akihabara will still be populated by Otaku's, they just all be older than 18 or 21, whatever age bar they decide to go with.

I guess they are trying to deal with the borderline ****** anime like kissxsis etc.

I personally think that anime like that is crossing the line, but I'm not sure this is the appropriate way to deal with it.

I would agree with this and would add Queen's Blade as well to KissXSis and a few others which is really crossing the border (I mean when you see the description /genre read as "boing" that really does tell it all, right?).

Considering I am an admin of this site where both shows are shown I am almost embarrassed to admit it, but while anime like that can have its place in this world, to have it freely available to young minors whose morals and ideals have not yet formed can be considered a bad influence

Also some of the rape simulation games are available without an age bar and it turns 'borderline' to just plain 'wrong'

Therefore - if the law is only to make it so that minors are prevented access from such stuff, then good, but it will have to be worded very carefully or some 'whiter than snow, holier than thou' puritans will abuse the law.

Also to answer someone else's comments, I dont think high school romance anime would be affected. If you read the wording its talking about anything that "stimulate sexual emotions, foster cruelty, encourage suicide or promote crime, or otherwise impede the healthy growth of youth" I am 100% certain Kimi ni Todoke, Ouran High School, etc doesnt fall into that catagory :tongue:

That said - there was a huge bru-ha-ha about 6 months ago when Philippines banned Loli too and everyone was up in arms and I was like one of the few people who kinda agreed with the principle of the law and almost got voted off the site.
What did come of it?? Where there any spectacular arrests? I know Jim is still around and considering his collection ... well, that just goes to prove my point!

adiktdtololi
03-01-2010, 11:15 AM
WTF NO not again NOOOOOo!!!

WHy Do thay hate me so!!!!

that does it! Ill go vol'jin in there faces http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j128/metalclaw25/Dota/voljin.gif and cast http://www.dotastrategy.com/images/skill/maledict.gif>>http://www.dotastrategy.com/images/skill/paralyzingcasks.gif>> and to finish it all of cast http://www.dotastrategy.com/images/skill/deathward.gif on their F***ing faces!

i would have replyd to this thread sooner if i haved read the descriptionT_T

OVirus53
03-01-2010, 11:41 AM
It's not exactly a ban, it sounds more like a restriction. It says "young people" typically meaning anyone under 18 or 21 (whichever is the norm they choose), so it doesn't sound like it applies to anyone over that age mentioned.

I know some of you may be really disappointed by this, but I'm all for the additions of some moral checks and balances in the modern world, which has gotten increasingly morally lax, so long as they don't take things to extremes. I'm more specifically for this since this involves the sexualization of children, which kinda disturbs me.

I don't mean to preach or anything, just my take on it.

And I don't think this will effect high school romance anime at all unless it's one of the more explicit ones. S'far as I know Toradora would be safe in that case, and that's all I care about. If that one were to be banned, I would be up in arms in a moment! Because really, it doesn't have anything in it (that I remember) that would deserve such a ban.

Kazeno Kazuha
03-01-2010, 11:58 AM
wow even lolis are banned now in tokyo.hhmm..thanks for the news

ryozakil
03-01-2010, 12:44 PM
I was about to have fun, damn it... Well a law is law

shack
03-01-2010, 01:23 PM
Ehhhhhhhh T____T so sad ne T____T

Yamirakuru
03-01-2010, 02:12 PM
I just lost the will to live...

Well, look on the bright side, least there'd be a decrease in pedophiles (I think). And we'd get to focus our attention to other stuff... Melons @[email protected]

wanderernyth
03-01-2010, 04:33 PM
to that's good thing to be ban or restricted to minor/s!
cause most of the perception within that age was not quite matured in that aspect!
they can be easily persuade into wrong action/s!

"Homo mensura"

GBUA! <^ ^>

blackrose
03-01-2010, 04:44 PM
what the heck?!?!?!?!

pikel
03-01-2010, 04:49 PM
Okay. I just have to say this.
LOLI IS SICK! If little girls turn you on, seek help.
I know that there are a lot of good anime/manga out there that have Loli characters, but Loli itself is disgusting. There are TOO many Loli characters out there, and if this bill manages to pass, the worst effect it will have is a switch from Loli to a new type of stereotypical character in manga/anime.

And your post is flame-baiting. Please don't do that here on OS. Feel free to express your opinion, but do you need to have a condescending tone to your post?

Ryuji
03-01-2010, 05:09 PM
well, will they ban anime like, kampfer, kanokon, ladies versus butlers etc?? because i watch loads of like romance,ecchi, comedy type anime, and what i think but anyone can say that im wrong is that they are not banning it completely only putting age resctriction on it, like for example ****, it 18+ but its still there on the internet and in magtazines, or movies which are 18+ are still made but onl banned fro people under that age so they will not stop making loli but not sell it etc to under 18+, please tell me if im wrong and answear my question please

pidodido
03-01-2010, 05:59 PM
NOOOOOO have mercy on us
:emhh02::emhh02::emhh02:

pikel
03-01-2010, 06:24 PM
@Ryuji: From what I've read that appears to be correct. What I want you to think about though is this. When it comes to new anime, are they likely to make High School genre's or Middle School Genres when they won't be allowed to play it on basic television? All new anime will have to rework their characters so that any character that looks loli, is under 18, or voiced by a seiyu that sounds under 18 isn't able to be looked at in a ecchi light.

Like I said before, this could potentially break the anime industry so that the only genres left are action, shonen (depending), etc.

I won't rant on, I just want know if anyone has a counterpoint to anything I've said?

Yamirakuru
03-01-2010, 06:40 PM
The mere voice acting of most female anime characters can easily be mistaken as "loli".

This will definitely cripple the anime industry. They need straighten out that bill before it turns to law. A very ambiguous definition for "loli" would end up in indiscriminate branding of a lot of animes as "loli".

I can imagine losing all that.. The "cute" / "loli" side of anime. Then replacing it with anime thats done through a very mature approach. And mind you, a lot of animes (though not really generalizing) with the serious approach (minus the kawaii) tend to focus more on VIOLENCE and a lot of MATURE CONTENT. People are gonna lose a lot of choice when it comes to anime viewing when this happens.

Ryuji
03-01-2010, 07:13 PM
this might be pretty bad then, what i mean is that most of the anime i watch and a lot of other people watch are anime that are set in a high school environment with a 16 year old protagonist and a lot of girls and loads of ecchi parts or just romance, well anime like, kanokon, kampfer, toradora, ladies versus butlers, strike witches, ef-tales of memories, dc capo etc, so if WE or THEY dont do anything about it they will ruin my anime experience and a lot of dozen other peoples, because as i said i usually just watch anime like romance,ecchi,harem, or like shuffle etc, hmmmmmmm, so what NOW?? anime will never be the same if this continues, i will probably back away from it and im allready very sad because i was hyped about a lot of new anime coming out this year and in the near future, do you think they will not ban it??? because i bet that all the anime companies and people that make anime are pissed off and japan will loose lots of money, WE have to do something otherwise nothing mite happen or we can wait and just PRAY

AnkokuRyuu
03-02-2010, 01:37 AM
.... why is this happening!? TT-TT

adiktdtololi
03-02-2010, 10:31 AM
PUFF? ILL STILL WATCH WHAT I WANT IF THEY TRY TO ARREST ME....

Well they can try!!!
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p128/kong12200/keis2/Smiles/innocent.gifhttp://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p128/kong12200/keis2/Smiles/innocent.gifhttp://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p128/kong12200/keis2/Smiles/innocent.gifhttp://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p128/kong12200/keis2/Smiles/innocent.gif

Ill gladly give up my life for what i want Bwahahaha

CascadeHope
03-02-2010, 02:18 PM
NOOOO NOT ALLOWED!

They can't ban lolis... they just can't! :(

globeopinion
03-02-2010, 03:19 PM
ugghh.. too bad for the loli fans... hmmm...

http://otaku-streamers.com/os_signature.php?id=11927 (http://otaku-streamers.com)

Jarsha
03-02-2010, 10:11 PM
While I am not a fan of such things... Is this really the proper way to deal with it? It seems a tad extreme for such a... "simple"(?) thing. :emhh06:
Would this cover anything under the age of 18? Most anime stick with a protagonist around 16, same with most females =/... This could be very bad.

Revirie
03-03-2010, 02:50 AM
Omg`

jeiru01
03-03-2010, 12:07 PM
OH MY GOODNESS! this is soo sad.

NOOO! this is a very dark period to us. TTT_TTT

riodaeka
03-04-2010, 07:34 AM
pervert guys ----- NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! *falls into the pit*

goodbye loli... but if this were on the good then so be it...

undam
03-04-2010, 01:51 PM
i am not a lolicon but as long as its not real life leave the animes/mangs/ and games makers alone do not stop or restrict artists to make what they want to make, but make sure kids dont buy adult animes/mangs/ and games thats all.

adiktdtololi
03-04-2010, 10:20 PM
i am not a lolicon but as long as its not real life leave the animes/mangs/ and games makers alone do not stop or restrict artists to make what they want to make but sure kids dont buy adult animes/mangs/ and games thats all.

Thats right they should really get there hands of on people that make other people happy T_T

Kill'joy nmn!T_T

ranmachua
03-05-2010, 04:36 PM
What next? Ban anime, manga & games?

marinne14
03-06-2010, 08:27 AM
i'm not young so it's alright!! nahahaha

Soujiro Ken
03-06-2010, 09:08 AM
Waaah, what will happen to Akihabara?!!! Surely otakus might migrate somewhere and "the town of Otaku" might fall.

the town of otaku might really fall..
waaaah.. can't imagine the life of an otaku without loli.. T.T

KyonLelouch
03-07-2010, 08:59 AM
IS THAT REALLY ??? huh o.o

xXDemonBoyXx
03-11-2010, 07:16 PM
this is not right! imagine all the gothic lolitas that will have to disappear if this ban goes into effect! they'll destroy shinjuku and akihabara!

ladymichaela
03-17-2010, 09:24 AM
hmm, where did you get this news? can i have the link please?

xXDemonBoyXx
03-18-2010, 03:51 AM
i heard its been stalled

reneil26
03-18-2010, 05:29 PM
i cant imagine myself not watching loli anime....

DarkOwl
03-19-2010, 05:09 PM
"Communism is like Prohibition, it is a good idea but it will never work."

This seems to apply to this situation...