PDA

View Full Version : McAfee vs Avira vs NOD32

s3cr3tb0y12
02-13-2010, 10:55 AM
Wondering on this 3 anti-virus which is the best??What do you think people I'm using McAfee at my computer..

McAfee:
-this anti-virus is advance
-the anti-virus is already got hi ratings
-almost protect all the files from virus about (95%)
-always updating everyday

-its expensive to bought
-complicated to use
-they don't scan files automatically and also don't update automatically

Avira:
-they said this anti-virus is one of the top antiviruses
-this anti-virus got hi reputation
-protect file about (90%)
-this anti-virus is highly upgraded

-its expensive but cheaper on McAfee
-seems complicated
-they also don't scan and update automatically
-they don't update everyday

NOD32:
-the most cheapest anti-virus
-the most common anti-virus
-protect file about (75%)
-the anti-virus is good if you use the latest version

-easy to use but not that good
-they don't do anything just detect the virus
-they block some file's
-they don't update even once!

So which do you choose??

darkpoetry
02-13-2010, 09:03 PM
McAfee + Uniblue Suite and your basically all set.

McAfee updates automatically, scans files automatically and its simple to use.
Theres only like 3 options per section, how hard can it get?

Rembrandt
02-13-2010, 10:13 PM
Microsoft Security Essentials, for home use. Perhaps Immunet as well since it has low a foot print.

s3cr3tb0y12
02-14-2010, 06:46 AM
I see :)

Yamirakuru
02-14-2010, 07:22 AM
NOD32 does very good performance on my computer. It safeguards my computers from infections with a fairly high rate of protection. Say around 9 out 10 detections are neutralized. Downside is it takes a fair amount of ones perseverance when it comes to updating it as the updates aren't always available. (Most update sites are down or in some cases offer the wrong updates for the wrong version)

I'll have to disagree on your statement there wherein: "They don't do anything just detect the virus".

It actually does a good job in detecting and neutralizing threats. Nod32 does its neutralizations discretely (No loud warnings or big-a** notifications.)

Also, might I suggest Panda Cloud Antivirus. It's a fairly good antivirus since it doesn't bog down your computers performance. Best thing about it is its FREE!

Check out the site for more details (http://www.cloudantivirus.com/en/).

avich
02-14-2010, 08:21 AM
same with Rembrandt (http://otaku-streamers.com/community/member.php?u=4797), Microsoft Security Essentials. Really integrates well with windows, has a small foot print and does its job quietly.

HomieBwaha
02-14-2010, 08:28 AM
I deleted Mcafee and got Avira for free. Mcafee totally spammed me asking for updates, but I have to register and pay and blah blah blah. I'd go with Avira bro.

MaoChan
02-14-2010, 09:07 AM
Is AVG AntiVirus (Latest) still good one???

s3cr3tb0y12
02-14-2010, 10:40 AM
I think for me the best is McAfee if you updating it :)

Rembrandt
02-14-2010, 11:56 PM

Unsure. I hear a lot of people complain about how bogged-down the free version of AVG is. I've never installed it, but it probably just needs to be configured properly.

It's free though...so, you get what you pay for :D

Yamirakuru
02-15-2010, 03:05 AM

AVGs lost its touch. Back then AVG was good for being well-above the standard antivirus and being free at the same time. Unfortunately, a lot of antivirus programs are now going free and are getting a lot better when it comes to protection.

s3cr3tb0y12
02-15-2010, 11:12 AM
Yeah I think AVG is really dropping now :(

xiety
03-14-2010, 02:16 PM
AVG since its free dont expect good anti virus from it

im using NOD32 it really scan everything even Patcher in Online Games always check

some anti virus took a lot of time to load even shutting down your pc took a while to start to shut down

coldfire01
03-15-2010, 03:42 AM
Microsoft Security Essentials - Best I have seen so far.
Avira Antivir Personal - For those who doesnt have money to buy Antiviruses. Good until trial goes out.
AVG - Not recommended for slow computers.
Avast! - It doesn't detect much. It will if you are in premium.
Kaspersky - Don't use this if you don't know much about running processes. You may block something you are unaware of.
Mcafee - Can't say anything bad.
Norton - Don't buy this if you have slow internet speeds. Updates are heavy.
NOD32 - its one of the cheapest ones. It doesn't detect much viruses.

I would like to list some of the anti spywares but it will take me more time.
These are all my personal experience / opinions. feel free to correct me.

tfioi
03-15-2010, 08:01 AM
I wonder why no one mentioned BitDefender. I find it to be one of the better ones out there.

lelchan
03-15-2010, 09:54 AM
well for me, I am satisfied with Avira because it removed the virus that I keep getting. I have installed 3 different antivirus before Avira and it was the only one that removed the virus. And those 3 were Norton, Avg and Nod32. Also, it's better to buy the original antivirus than download free trial.