PDA

View Full Version : Mass online deletion of anime videos!!!

ranmachua
02-12-2010, 03:31 AM
A couple of days back I noticed a popular video file sharing site hosting a vast number of anime videos has been on a deleting spree and removed all anime videos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This means all sites that link to the site have their linked videos down permanently! So I guess the only place left for us online anime lovers is OS. I hope OS will not be the next target! (Keeping fingers crossed real hard!).

coldfire01
02-12-2010, 04:36 AM
i do believe it is upon the jurisdiction of the country that hosts the anime that is why it is banned.

if the hosting is a rebellious country <ahem> that honors backup of the shows and anime then it won't be targetted.

i do believe region lock might be possible to OS in the future.
If that is the case, get ready your philippine proxies ladies and gents so you can still visit here.

ShadowsLiyte
02-12-2010, 05:11 AM
i do believe it is upon the jurisdiction of the country that hosts the anime that is why it is banned.

if the hosting is a rebellious country <ahem> that honors backup of the shows and anime then it won't be targetted.

i do believe region lock might be possible to OS in the future.
If that is the case, get ready your philippine proxies ladies and gents so you can still visit here.

great..now im gunna need a proxy >.>

well lets hope not o.o

Shinigami99
02-12-2010, 07:35 AM
I really hope this never happens to OS. Q.Q

mlcdl
02-12-2010, 08:04 AM
Chances are minimal to happen here at OS(hope so)

darkpoetry
02-12-2010, 08:08 AM
the hosting country or the country from the user is from?
i know some people like in Japan or England can't access some sites which Americans can simply because of the laws.
If it depends on the country hosting OS, then that would be the Netherlands I'm pretty sure.

The reason why they deleted the videos may simply be because they are holding up a lot of space and no one watches them anymore.
If they haven't deleted ALL the anime videos then I'm sure thats the case because it wouldn't make sense for the law to prohibit only a handful of anime.

ZenNaari
02-12-2010, 08:43 AM
Wait... I thought OS is hosted in the Philippines... where 4th most of otaku's live

Pascon
02-12-2010, 11:18 AM
please don't..megavideo and veoh has betray me...:emhh34:

jadeliciousdk
02-12-2010, 11:27 AM
Those sites suck anyway :P

I'm going to chain myself to OS' host, if they are going to delete the data they'll have to delete me with it.

OVirus53
02-12-2010, 11:29 AM
I'm sure OS will be fine.

But still, if OS were to lose it's anime, I'd still stick around for the discussions here. Best forum I've been to. EVER.

mlcdl
02-12-2010, 11:35 AM
I'm sure OS will be fine.

I'd still stick around for the discussions here. Best forum I've been to. EVER.

I agree to this one that the discussion were good and the best forum for otaku's

ZenNaari
02-12-2010, 01:52 PM
Mom deletes the anime I download here... but at summer vacation... I'll download TOO much anime that she won't be able to delete them all! WAGAHAHAHA!

jeiru01
02-12-2010, 02:14 PM
oh my. I just hope that It doesn't happen to OS.
I have a strong feeling that It won't happen here.

ZenNaari
02-12-2010, 02:22 PM
Like OV said, OS will be fine... The only problem I have is between me... AND THE DELETER

Shinigami99
02-12-2010, 02:32 PM
OS should live forever! xD

ZenNaari
02-12-2010, 02:43 PM
I second the motion of Shinigami

ranmachua
02-12-2010, 04:28 PM
Thanks everyone for your thoughts & caring for OS. I have faith that OS will never betray anime fans like us. It is just so worrying video sharing websites deleting those videos one after another. From YouTube to Veoh to Megavideo and now recently MySpace.

Thankfully we have OS! We will forever be in your debt. All hail OS forever!

darkpoetry
02-12-2010, 05:06 PM
Wait... I thought OS is hosted in the Philippines... where 4th most of otaku's live

I think the physical location of where all the data is stored is in the Netherlands

hokeymon
02-12-2010, 05:31 PM
Maybe trying some twisted plot legally so they can't delete the videos 0_o... in the future.

coldfire01
02-12-2010, 05:35 PM
removed -jbluey

strange i have to disagree or otaku-streamers is using a proxy on greece.

anyway going back on the concern, i don't want to challenge anime companies who are filing a law suit agains those who doesn't delete.

(i can try by uploading the entire enies lobby arc on one piece and funimation will hunt this site down)

but i do believe there are other companies who still use other alternatives for not having their videos deleted.

not sure if i am allowed to post links of other anime sites that has .avi and .mkv files here as proof they still stand strong and still exists.

pikel
02-12-2010, 05:42 PM
Odds are that the site in question was based in an area in which the anime being deleted is licensed. So they, out of fear of lawsuits(or pressure from the licensing companies), are taking a preemptive strike to assure they own safety. They do more than host anime, so they're just trying to save their own necks.

darkpoetry
02-12-2010, 06:22 PM
http://www.websiteoutlook.com/www.otaku-streamers.com
The server seems to be coming from the Netherlands

EDIT: I tired that site with a server I'm 100% is located in Massachusetts, USA but it says the IP belongs to Canada...

coldfire01
02-12-2010, 06:43 PM
removed -jbluey

seems ur ryt. my site is outdated lol

tonyu56
02-12-2010, 06:50 PM
i dont really like those sites that are covered in ads using mega video and veoh animes. Sites like OS are the best. No ads, and they use their own player. ITS AWESOME!!

darkpoetry
02-12-2010, 10:01 PM
Ya I remember when Veoh was JUST starting up
They had extremely high quality videos and almost anything was allowed
There were tons of anime but then they deleted and dramatically decreased their quality

Jefurii
02-13-2010, 11:43 AM
Long live OS <3

Pascon
02-14-2010, 03:41 AM
All hail OS!!!!:emhh50:

xiety
02-14-2010, 04:12 AM
just like what happen to CR, all their animes where shut down its almost like piracy
now they have some animes that are licensed
we must follow the rules, you need to buy that license animes ^^ or else .....

Kazeno Kazuha
02-14-2010, 04:23 AM
time to search at torrent for proxies...and time to read some lessons how to do it...XD...OS is my hangout ....

ryuunosuke
02-14-2010, 04:33 AM
I think its possible that OS will be gone if no one will donate

coldfire01
02-18-2010, 05:39 AM
Just like private servers of ragnarok
they wipe out and shut down if no funds.

anime doesn't expire so i dont think it works that way.

OS needs to come up with interesting features to keep the site running.
Torrent downloads should work fine and also manga downloads to keep otaku coming in.

All Hail OS!

Strife
02-18-2010, 07:10 AM
I was thinking.. what if OS becomes too popular and those anime nazis notice OS...

OH NOES!

>_>

kurai
02-18-2010, 07:55 AM
Since OS Doesn't have adds and they don't gain profit from the site. (I am not 100 percent on this) I don't think anime companies have an obligation to pressure them. After all people allow library's to exist. Just think of OS as an Anime Library ;)

bobobear
02-18-2010, 08:57 AM
well, since OS doesn't have downloadable content, and none of the animes streamed here are actually uploaded on the site, then the nazis will have a hard time shutting it down. This is a member only site and all of the vids came from different members and uploaded into different servers to share viewing and not files with other members. Also, i really like the fact that there's no ads to slow down the system. Also, OS doesn't have an office, paid staff and is non-profit. This site is a charitable organization which helps teens and adults with their anime addiction. ~All Hail~OS