PDA

View Full Version : Clannad

mlcdl
12-17-2009, 06:56 AM
I just finished Clannad movie and Clannad after story......I wonder if the story is the same from the first one cause the story was great and kinda make me interesting

pearairplane
12-17-2009, 07:18 AM
I'm about halfway through Clannad right now and I love it! It's been really tough for me to have to stop watching it because i have to go to work or have some other responsibility to tend to. Even during practice today i couldn't stop thinking about it.

newbie97
12-17-2009, 11:32 AM
well clannad after story is the sequel to clannad so after story continues from clannad
but the movie is slightly different from the series
the series had had arcs for some heroines (not all of them)
basicallythe movie is just somehow a compiled version of the series

as for me i didnt like the movie much but maybe thats because i watched the series first

ShadowsLiyte
12-17-2009, 11:55 AM
Actually the movie was made first..
Clannad was adapted from a visual novel game (which is AMAZING by the way)
Basically the series is all of the girls paths combined into one while still focusing on nagisa as the major path. the ~another world~ parts were adapted from the rest of the kyou and tomoyo paths, since they both went a little further than they did in the anime. The movie, i dont know what the hell they did. honestly i think they made nagisa too confident and failed to compress so much emotion into a short period of time, which never works.

otakuq
03-01-2010, 04:42 AM
ACTUALLY shadows, the GAME came first. the visual novel came first, then the movie. after realizing thier mistake, they went on to make it into a full blown anime, as well as a manga series, both of which are amazing. still, the game is the best

ChainZ
03-01-2010, 05:32 AM
Clannad is the greatest anime of all time for me, it's in the top of my favorite list. It's the only anime which made me play it's visual novel, which is also great.

Shinigami99
03-01-2010, 01:37 PM
I couldn't take the movie. I stopped it halfway... It's ruining Clannad (for me and my lil bro)!

s3cr3tb0y12
03-06-2010, 03:58 AM
What will happen on the last episode lol :)

marinne14
03-06-2010, 07:50 AM
clannad made me cry (fuku arc) BUT can't compare to kanon'06(makoto arc) best series of key for me

Achlys
04-13-2010, 10:00 AM
i think the movie was kinda makes you feel depressed more i think for some
and the clannad series be sure to put box of tissues beside you ^_~
its the very first anime that made me cry too
tomoyo FTW !!

langley17
04-13-2010, 10:15 AM
haven't watched Clannad After Story and the movie... but what i can say about this Clannad anime is it is AWESOME... (^_^)

weisner21
04-13-2010, 10:44 AM
yep!!! clannad is one of the best!! its one of the anime who will make you cry a lot(trust me). And for the VN! is there already an english version for tomoyo after:its a wonderlife? just asking!!!

jeiru01
04-13-2010, 10:47 AM
I haven't even started watching it yet xD.. but I'm on it. ;)

Achlys
06-10-2010, 10:25 AM
yep!!! clannad is one of the best!! its one of the anime who will make you cry a lot(trust me). And for the VN! is there already an english version for tomoyo after:its a wonderlife? just asking!!!

did you know that youll have offenses in saying something pg 13 ? /wah
but i did see a translation project in bakatsuki ^^
and i played that VN until the half part

itsallRYE
06-10-2010, 10:36 AM
Yup, this anime is one of the best.. even the visual novel.. it's really recommended..

And for the VN! is there already an english version for tomoyo after:its a wonderlife? just asking!!!
try visiting this site (http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Tomoyo_After).. for more info about the english patch..

Snoozy19
07-21-2010, 05:26 AM
Man, I loved that sequel so much!!!
Clannad after story makes you cry just like the first one. It had a good ending if you think about it but it does sometimes make you sad.

qwertyuiop10
07-22-2010, 09:42 AM
thats true
at first it make me lazy to watch it but now
i really LOVE it

thebabyrap1
08-05-2010, 07:48 PM
Man I saw clannad the series and today im going to finish clannad the after story and its really rough
it will touch every one of your feelings but its awsome

Kobowo
08-06-2010, 05:29 AM
I wish there were more eps for clannad xD but thats impossible I guess...I hope KEY makes another anime like clannad....

mrcdeath
08-06-2010, 07:37 AM
Well Clannad is a great anime, but to come back on topic, the movie and series clannad have similarities but the series also have some side stories for the other characters in the anime. the movie only follows nagisa-tomoya relation from what i remember.

Kobowo
08-12-2010, 08:12 AM
actually there are big differences in the anime and movie as well...like sunohara not being as funny in the movie and Fujibayashi Ryou not being present in the movie at all plus the way Nagisa and Tomoya fell in love are abit different when comparing the movie and series

blackfairy
08-23-2010, 01:03 AM
Clannad is very dramatic.. i like it..

YanoStifler
08-23-2010, 10:33 AM
I think the only similarity between the movie and the series is that they are both sad :(

Ryuji
08-24-2010, 08:30 AM
i love Clannad but i have better anime than tht

taurel200
08-24-2010, 08:36 AM
I didn't actually finish the movie bcoz there almost the same as the previous episodes of clannad s1 and s2

But i like the story plot though..1st anime i ever cried on XD

jrjobacs
08-24-2010, 08:52 AM
clannad made me cry, but clannad: afer story made me bored T_T

GatohCorpz
08-27-2010, 05:06 AM
Clannad was great. Especially during After Story where Tomoya realised many many things. Shall not spoil.

qwertyuiop10
08-27-2010, 05:11 AM
^^,

i agree with you!
KYOU FUJIBAYASHI!!!!!!!

Rakkun
09-09-2010, 09:39 AM
yeah it's the same story though there are some differences ... in the movie ..... slight

aira1234
09-09-2010, 01:46 PM
The episode that fuko dissappear it get my cry to that episode..

Mcp2303
09-09-2010, 02:18 PM
Clannad almost makes me cry......
I didn't like the Clannad the movie it makes me confuse when i compare it to Clannad and Clannad-after story-
well.. I really like it...

Viletomb2010
12-05-2010, 06:33 AM
Differences from the movie and from the series
The movie have a different ending from the series. Nagisa have die but Ushio is still alive. It just revolve from the arc of Nagisa. It is like playing the arc of Nagisa from Clannad VN. Some of the arcs in the series are not in the movie. You will not see Ryou also and you will just see kotomi in a choir.

The movie is just a summary of the arc of nagisa. I wish they created a movie for the other arcs. ~All Hail Key~

Sora Kasugano
12-07-2010, 03:38 AM
Differences from the movie and from the series
The movie have a different ending from the series. Nagisa have die but Ushio is still alive. It just revolve from the arc of Nagisa. It is like playing the arc of Nagisa from Clannad VN. Some of the arcs in the series are not in the movie. You will not see Ryou also and you will just see kotomi in a choir.

The movie is just a summary of the arc of nagisa. I wish they created a movie for the other arcs. ~All Hail Key~

That explains it then Vile, And I was really wondering why that happened. Especially When Nagisa Died and the survival of Ushio but anyways, that did revolved from the Arc of Nagisa. So that explains most of it.

nagisatomoya
12-13-2010, 07:19 AM
i'd like the tomoya apologize 2 ushio in Clannad After Story

lolkaitlin
12-13-2010, 06:31 PM
Clannad ~after story~ made me bawl like a baby. I've never cried over an anime until Clannad.

So let me get this straight...

In the end, all the things that happened after Nagisa died were just events that happened in another world? Nagisa ACTUALLY lived and Ushio was born completely healthy?

Bloody Envy
12-14-2010, 07:24 AM
i kinda think the movie is off from the series since the movie is made first before the series..
it kinda pissed me off (no offense) since its kinda scrambled the thoughts in my mind about the series
(since i watched the series first before the movie)..
i can't coup with what is happening in the movie.. and what happened in the series.. its kinda confused me..
but i still loved the story.. it really pushed me to tears.. T.T

Sora Kasugano
12-14-2010, 11:25 PM
well,

That makes sense too, we all know the difference between the Anime and the Movie, but still all Animes related to Clannad is so good and eventually made me cry a little XD

Viletomb2010
12-14-2010, 11:42 PM
well,

That makes sense too, we all know the difference between the Anime and the Movie, but still all Animes related to Clannad is so good and eventually made me cry a little XD

I agree with you. Jun Maeda is so amazing in creating plots for his VN and some of it has been adopted to anime like Kanon and Air. I wonder what is the next anime in the project of Jun Maeda.

Sora Kasugano
12-15-2010, 12:16 AM
yes,

Jun Maeda's animes has many twisted plots. And the most exciting Anime after clannad now is Angel Beats, with all those Mysteries and stuff, But still Clannad is still one of my Favorites xD

kraken414
12-16-2010, 03:14 AM
The best romance, high school life anime ever XD

Sora Kasugano
12-16-2010, 03:26 AM
The best romance, high school life anime ever XD

It really focused on the Romance and the School Life and their own story, but hey, Clannad is really good no matter how many times you rewatch it xD

Kobowo
12-16-2010, 10:21 PM
i kinda think the movie is off from the series since the movie is made first before the series..
it kinda pissed me off (no offense) since its kinda scrambled the thoughts in my mind about the series
(since i watched the series first before the movie)..
i can't coup with what is happening in the movie.. and what happened in the series.. its kinda confused me..
but i still loved the story.. it really pushed me to tears.. T.T

I also watched the series before the movie...it didnt confuse me but it sorta disappointed me a little....too many differences among them and well...to me the ending didnt give as much impact as it did in afterstory....

I dunno why but in Clannad itself I never really cried...just in afterstory.....

Sora Kasugano
12-17-2010, 01:13 AM
I also watched the series before the movie...it didnt confuse me but it sorta disappointed me a little....too many differences among them and well...to me the ending didnt give as much impact as it did in afterstory....

I dunno why but in Clannad itself I never really cried...just in afterstory.....

I noticed that too, The Effects of the Clannad : After Story is just to much, compared to the Movie. well, I'm not really disappointed or anything, but both looks okay with me xD

LuNic
06-11-2011, 08:56 AM
I agree that clannad is the best romance anime there is. As for the movie, I didn't like it too much, but I still appreciated it.

hotshot75
06-11-2011, 08:59 AM
All thanks to Key, who made Clannad. :) I'll never forget!

DwinLylthx
06-12-2011, 12:18 PM
I've been addicted to CLANNAD since I watched it. I can't even stop thinking of it, even when I'm about to sleep its on my Mind. It will really make you cry and laugh from CLANNAD to CLANNAD After Story. Even its OVAs will make your day. CLANNAD is really a great anime and we know it all. In the Movie of CLANNAD, its like the short version of CLANNAD. The Focus is on Nagisa and Tomoya. If you watch the movie first you will get confused of things. (Well, I don't know to you but this happened to me.) So I watched the whole CLANNAD. (Including After Story and its OVAs) After that, I re-watched the Movie and I understood it all.

I don't know why I can't understand. XD That's a weird thing though. It has an Simple ending that will make you happy.

ranmachua
06-12-2011, 12:31 PM
It's quite a nice romance drama series and if you're a Nagisa fan, that'll be even nicer.

aira1234
06-12-2011, 02:21 PM
Clannad is the first anime that made me Cry, Clannad -After Story- made me Cry more.

ogphatkat
06-12-2011, 08:42 PM
Clannad was great I enjoyed it.