== Table of Contents ==
I. Introduction
II. Cast and Characters
III. Story and Overall Atmosphere
IV. Soundtrack
V. My Verdict

===================

I. Introduction

Hello guys, It's Coldie here. it's 4:30am here and I got nothing to do and I'm not sleepy too. Seeing as that there's not so much love for this section, I decided to write a small review about one of my favorite Jdrama:

http://otaku-streamers.com/aniencyclopedia/images/146ap20090213010636.jpg

Proposal Daisakusen (http://otaku-streamers.com/info/2625/Proposal_Daisakusen)

*be sure to note that I'm talking about the japanese adaptation. There's a korean (http://otaku-streamers.com/info/4503/Operation_Proposal_(Kdrama)) one if you're interested.

II. Cast and Characters

In this section, I'm gonna be talking about the main characters. I don't have any qualms about the actors/actresses. They all have great portrayal of the characters and their looks and vibes actually fit.

Yamashita Tomohisa as Iwase Ken
~ The Main Protagonist of the show. He's your typical average guy who's in love with his childhood friend but took her for granted. On the wedding day of his lifelong love, he was beset with regret as she walks down the aisle and say her vows. The "Fairy" took notice of this and decided to help him by sending him to the past to correct his screw ups.

Nagasawa Masami as Yoshida Rei
~ Iwase Ken's main and only love interest. She's the beautiful, strong-willed but sometimes can be harsh childhood friend of the protagonist. I really wondered why she's not popular with the boys. She was in love with Ken ever since their grade school days but eventually gives up and started dating Tada Tetsuya. She eventually married him and their reception is the show's main stage.

Nagasawa Masami has this "girl-next-door" vibe around her so she was a really great pick for the role.

Fujiki Naohito as Tada Tetsuya
~ Iwase Ken's main rival. He first met Iwase Ken and the group during his teacher training in their highschool. He eventually left after the training but was reunited with the group in college. after a few years He and Rei started dating and eventually got married.

Eikura Nana as Oku Eri
~ Yoshida Rei's best friend. She is popular and loves pretty boys: a campus celebrity. She's unlucky with men though. I think of her, along with Tsurumi, as the comic relief of the show (though everyone has some funny moments). She plays a more important role in the SP episode.

Hamada Gaku as Tsurumi Hisashi
~ The Main comic relief of the show. Most of the humor involves him. He's an unpopular guy who spend his time trying to woo Oku Eri and often times, fails miserably. He has his moments in a few episodes. He also plays a more important role in the SP episode.

Hiraoka Yuta as Enokido Mikio
~ The handsome popular guy of the group. He is Ken's bestfriend. I'm also wondering why Eri didn't pursue him. He is more like a side character since he has little character development. He's the maker of the slideshow in the wedding which played an important part in the show.

Mikami Hiroshi as The Fairy
~ The fairy who decided to help Ken because he looks so pitiful. I really enjoyed the random banter between him and Ken.

III. Story and Overall Atmosphere

Excerpt from the OS page:
Iwase Ken and Yoshida Rei have been friends since elementary school. Ken, is obstinate and unskilled in love, but he fell long ago for the lively and cheerful, Rei. But Rei is about to get married to another man. While Ken and other friends from high-school attend the wedding ceremony, a fairy appears and sends Ken back in time, giving him a second chance to win the girl he loves.

My Opinion:
I felt that the story is more about the Ken's acknowledgement of his past mistakes and his desperate attempts to change it rather than a love story between him and Rei. Of course, his main goal is still to make Rei fall in love with him. You can really see his love and devotion to Rei and you'll somehow empathize with him (especially us guys).

The Atmosphere is pretty light but it can get pretty serious and even tear-jerking if needed be. The humor is pretty anime-istic so us anime fans can feel right at home in here.

IV. Soundtrack

The music my most favorite part of the show. They are melancholic, full of hope and nostalgic which fits perfectly with the show's theme. Among my favorites are Ashita Hareru Kana and Chiisana Koi no Uta. If you don't plan to watch the show, you can at least try the music. And believe me, it will convince you to watch it.

V. My Verdict

Story - 9/10
Cast - 9/10
Acting - 7/10
Music - 10/10

Overall - 9/10

While the acting is a bit rough around the edges for some the characters, The series is still a must watch to my list. If you're looking for a great tear-jerking Jdrama with a unique setting, I highly recommend Proposal Daisakusen.

thank me later. Have fun watching :goodjob:

Qualtz
06-15-2014, 09:22 PM
I suppose that's true. There were a lot who wanted a Drama Talk and Review forum yet there's only but a few threads in here. Anyway, that's not really why I'm here but rather, it's because you happen to make a review of a favorite series of mine. I first listened to its soundtrack Song of a Small Love or Chiisana Koi no Uta on youtube being used in this video. I got really attached to it up to this day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cF6PaxzmaRg

As for Proposal Daisakusen itself. I really liked the story. The comedy and drama bits of it is just right. It's not too depressing and not all fun and games either. It does feel like it's just a Live-action version of some anime but there's nothing wrong with it. There weren't any complicated turns and whatnot so the story is really quite easy to understand.

coldground93
06-15-2014, 09:55 PM
It seems like Chiisana Koi no Uta is also your favorite song in the series. I love it. I play it so many times that before I know it, I can sing along without stuttering and I don't even know japanese.

I'm happy that I'm not the only one who thinks that it's anime-istic. I thought I'm the only one, thanks for the feedback.

atchi
06-15-2014, 11:18 PM
hallelujah chance!

I liked it whenever Ken says this line. :)

I agree that the story of Proposal Daisakusen concentrates on re inventing his past mistakes to make the "present" situation with Rei a little different.
I'm really satisfied with the ending knowing that the little things that he did really made something to change.

Many people could relate to the theme of turning back time to change some of the things that we regret on doing and not doing.

Serenea
06-17-2014, 12:21 PM
Oh Gosh!! I really loved this story, i wanted to watch this over & over again, and its ending song, its perfect. The very first JDRAMA i started to like <3

Adriyuuuun
10-20-2014, 09:13 AM
This drama made me cry! (I'm a guy) :((

One of the best J-dramas ever!

Nagasawa Masamiiii~~ <3