PDA

View Full Version : Drunken To Love You (DTLY) or Love you as its called on OS

Bindu1000
03-26-2014, 11:41 PM
This is a Taiwanese Drama and one of the best I have seen in a long time. I am not going to give a synopsis - because thats freely available on the web right now - but am going to comment on the overall acting and presentation of the show

First of all the acting - it was absolutely awesome. The male lead really brought out his character and while he was supposed to be of a serious sort - I was amazed at how well he showed his emotions in his face while still being serious. They were subtle changes that really fit his character. 10 out of 10 for his skills

The female lead was also cute without being too perky and over the top. She was quite natural, especially in some of the more emotional areas without the drama queen coming out. I would give her 9 out of 10 for her skills

Storyline : I dont know if anyone agrees but a lot of romance animes and dramas have constant misunderstanding issues where so much angst and misery is caused by not just talking - well this drama had it at a minimum. I hope this is not a spoiler but just to illustrate - there was one scene where the girl accidentally fell asleep on another guys shoulder and the picture was sent to the hero. Instead of sulking and ignoring her, he asked her outright why she just couldn't use his shoulder instead ... I that was so cute.

If there was anything I wasnt crazy over - it was the over acting of the secondary characters - in my opinion, the hero's mother, the reporter and the long lost friend of the heroine. The story would have moved along just well without it.

The only scene I really hated was the one in the night club around the 12th or 13th episode. It was just utterly unbelievable. However it wasn't so bad as to stop me from loving the rest of the series.

Let me know if you have watched this Drama and your opinion pls?