PDA

View Full Version : Fullmetal Alchemist lovers? what are your opinions?

LuckyBells
07-15-2009, 01:47 PM
Well this to all those who have seen the series what did you think of it? did you enjoy or dislike the ending? do you recommend brotherhood for those who hace finished FMA?

And last but not least what other anime can you recommend for someone whos seen the series and is wishing it kept going Any other anime that measure up? lol (measure up hahaha edward)

fundilloman
07-15-2009, 03:09 PM
Well, the first FMA ending was magnificent although it seems they can still continue the story after the Conqueror of Shamballa. As for the new Brotherhood story, as far as it is right now, most of it has been basically the same story, apart from a few changes, the way it is going it seems that there will be a few more changes in the storyline. Its possible that the ending this time might have more fan service. We will just have to wait and see what happens next i guess.

mikko0
07-15-2009, 03:37 PM
Well, It's not bad watching it again. In fact, that's what I'm doing right now only to eat up some time when I'm bored. I still find it interesting. Maybe I'd recommend it.

cms321
07-15-2009, 03:42 PM
Brotherhood will eventually become a completely different storyline all together. Homunculi are different, meaning much of the intention that they had from the first series is gone. So, I would definitely recommend Brotherhood. Just...don't complain that it "gets things wrong". It's based around the manga, which is so much better than the first series (IMHO)

solidoxygen
07-15-2009, 05:20 PM
Well I thought that the first series's ending left a lot trailing, but after I watched Conqueror of Shamballa, I realized that I would've preferred it unresolved. That movie just seemed extra and unnecessary.

I'm really enjoying Brotherhood, but I cannot accurately judge it until it's done.

Pattehfilipino
07-15-2009, 05:23 PM
Yes Brotherhood is going to get good! Its just starting up!! hehhehe
There were a whole slew of characters in the manga that weren't introduced in the first season.
It deviated quite a bit from what the author had decided. I read that at one point the animators were just allowed to think up the rest of the storyline when the anime started to catch up to the manga... the mangaka , after watching the whole season, said that it was interesting view on what she had done. I agree that season1 and conquerer of Shambala was left kind of hanging... but really they ruined a couple details with the Philosophers stone in season 1(wont say lol)

Bindu1000
07-15-2009, 08:21 PM
I will be honest - Brotherhood stressed me out! I watched the original series and Shamballa very recently and then when I started watching Brotherhood, I got so confused (mainly coz I had not read the manga) and decided to give it a miss :2:

I know there are gonna be a lot who don't agree, but maybe my brain is too small and too easily confused ... haha

mlcdl
11-07-2009, 09:33 PM
I don't like the first series and I refer the FMA brotherhood because it was base on the manga.Also, the first series fail at the ending to satisfy me

Ephenyan
11-10-2009, 06:07 AM
i didn't read the manga (although i've heard from fellow otakus some bits and info)
but i really enjoyed FMA brotherhood. i've only only enjoyed the first FMA when i watched
ed and greed fight (i know, pretty late, eh?) imo, the story's pretty easy to follow,
even though you didn't watch the anime or the manga, still pretty good :)

kimu07
11-10-2009, 06:22 AM
i didn't read the manga (although i've heard from fellow otakus some bits and info)
but i really enjoyed FMA brotherhood. i've only only enjoyed the first FMA when i watched
ed and greed fight (i know, pretty late, eh?) imo, the story's pretty easy to follow,
even though you didn't watch the anime or the manga, still pretty good :)

yeah...
but
the story is more complicated than before..
the greed & ed fight..
i like that part too,,,
XD

AchronycalChaos
11-10-2009, 04:51 PM
I like it that the new version seems more straightforward. I haven't read the manga, but there seems to be more activity in the new episodes than there was in the first ones (that is, things seem to be progressing more quickly). And in an anime, I like quick progression. Also, the new bits that weren't in there before provide for an interesting twist on things when comparing to the first series.

Omikaru
11-10-2009, 08:53 PM
I will admit, I have my favorites, but I think I'll continue with watching the subbed while waiting for dubbed. It should be interesting to see how things go.

As for favorites..

Roy.. *dreamy sigh*

Honestly though, I did have high expectations out of Brotherhood after watching Shamballa and the first series only to have minor disappointment when it didn't exactly meet the expectation that I had. But after watching it, I got a better feeling for the characters and understood them. Plus the extra characters, like Ling, I was rather interested on how they would play out.

blackmenthol
02-21-2010, 07:16 AM
FMA Brotherhood's story line is based on the Manga while the FMA is well...based on the storyline of the creator or animator! HAHAHA!

ryuunosuke
02-22-2010, 09:43 AM
well FMA is good in action and fighting scene's so its good for those people who wants to watch a action type anime

Ephenyan
02-22-2010, 09:48 AM
imo, brotherhood had more action and comedy in it compared to the first series
and i have my hopes up for brotherhood to finish the story since the manga is wayyyy
close to ending

mlcdl
02-22-2010, 10:03 AM
Well I don't like the ending of the first FMA but it was good because of the follow up movie but was also a mess up

I more prefer FMA:Brotherhood

asaness01234
02-22-2010, 11:36 AM
for me FMA: brotherhood is best rather than the 1st season

the ending of the first season.....uhmm kinda left hanging and its follow-up movie...well not good :(

but still its a good series....

wookiee
02-23-2010, 06:27 PM
I like them both a lot , but I think I like the first one better . Even though I barely remember it I always think that it is better !!

sho05
02-24-2010, 12:03 PM
Fma rock u sucks u people dont talk bad about fma hek hek>> dont wanna fight with u people hek hek>>

Shinigami99
02-24-2010, 02:40 PM
FMA is good. It has a nice storyline and is quite deep. But FMA Brotherhood seems better. It seems like the story will become deeper than that of the previous FMA. Someone told me before that the manga was better than the anime. Since Brotherhood is based on the manga, I'm guessing it WILL be worth watching.

pochiii
05-06-2010, 10:45 AM
well, I didn't like the ending of FMA that's why I recommend FMA:B, but FMA is also good.

Snoozy19
05-20-2010, 06:41 PM
FMA could be labeled as the Greatest anime ever made since Samurai X....I highly recommend it to anyone.
Even my sis who ins't an anime fan loves it.
I'm not sure about brotherhood though, but I think that watching the first FMA is needed before watching brotherhood.

SoraSubaru
05-26-2010, 03:56 PM
I kinda liked how it ended, but I'd still watch Brotherhood when I get the chance.

If you want something to rival FMA's length, try Blood Plus--it's got everything.

AJjudez
05-26-2010, 04:01 PM
i think its not bad to watch again again
brotherhood has a lot more interesting

kimzs
05-26-2010, 04:06 PM
FMA[OLD] FMA BROTHERHOOD-----> they change the story a little

BuT FMA BROTHERhood ROCKS

kenpachi1127
06-16-2010, 02:58 AM
first FMA had some VERY important differences from the manga but i thought the end to the manga was pretty good. However, FMA brotherhood seems to follow the manga storyline a lot closer than that of the first, being a stickler for following the actual story i'd have to reccomned brotherhood!

markbelats
06-16-2010, 11:13 PM
the brotherhood storyline are pretty original for me so this is a must watch anime

guuluu
06-17-2010, 12:01 AM
FMA Brotherhood>FMA
the story is tied in perfectly since it is based on the original manga. there is no need to watch FMA first to watch FMA Brotherhood. they are completely different (in ending), so continuation of story line.

kUrohimE XD
06-17-2010, 01:48 AM
I do prefer Brotherhood because it follows the real story and it seems more clear and just better.. Also, Dante being there in the story makes it more stupid.. hahaha :) no offense..

CrazyMe
12-23-2010, 10:33 AM
The two FMA are good . but I prefer watching the second one .

Viletomb2010
12-24-2010, 09:02 PM
I prefer FMA brotherhood than the first one because it is more longer than the first one and it also emphasize the homunculus. It has more action scenes than the first one too but I also recommend watching the first one so that at least they know the difference between the two.

Snoozy19
12-24-2010, 11:17 PM
I do prefer Brotherhood because it follows the real story and it seems more clear and just better.. Also, Dante being there in the story makes it more stupid.. hahaha :) no offense..
It's true that brotherhood follows the complete storyline but Dante from FMA (original) didn't make it stupid, it simply made the audience a little confused about philosopher stones and the gate of truth.

I prefer FMA brotherhood than the first one because it is more longer than the first one and it also emphasize the homunculus. It has more action scenes than the first one too but I also recommend watching the first one so that at least they know the difference between the two.
Yup, an addition of 13 episodes although it felt like they kinda did a rush job on parts of the episodes. It would have been cool if they made another episode showing Ed and the others life after the battle instead of just showing photo's in the closing credits (but that was part of the manga too).

dab117
12-24-2010, 11:42 PM
I think that brotherhood is a better version. Very direct to the main story, very awesome =. Loved the ending too!

LuNic
06-11-2011, 08:37 AM
I loved both the original FMA and the brotherhood. FMA is a great anime! The movies were really good to.

hotshot75
06-11-2011, 09:18 AM
Both are good, I have nothing else to say.

deathnote
06-12-2011, 07:01 AM
both stories and ending are good, but I'll go w/ the positive ending which is FMA:B :bdbd

Majeni
06-12-2011, 11:08 PM
Both are very epic. but I prefer Brotherhood.

XHomunculusX
06-25-2011, 03:03 AM
I hope FMA brotherhood will have a 2nd season. Where edward got his powers back again!

ogphatkat
08-02-2011, 07:34 PM
I loved full metal it was epic.

BrokenAngel
08-02-2011, 08:09 PM
Brotherhood is much better than the original in my opinion, for the same reasons everyone is giving :P Both are great though and I would recommend either ;)

AOIsama
12-29-2011, 08:17 AM
FMA is not that bad but I will still highly recommend Brotherhood if they still haven't watched it yet. As for me, my disappointment on the first series was called off by Brotherhood's magnificent ending. I mean, the two really are extremes for me.^_^

marinne14
12-29-2011, 10:49 PM
great story line, great turn of event i love it! <3

Mei14
01-02-2012, 08:25 AM
FMA was great! It was one of the first animes I watched. I instantly became a fan. FMA has an amazing storyline, lots of action, funny moments and suspense and I also really like the artwork as it's more realistic than that of many other animes. The only thing is that I didn't particularly like how it ended (even with the movie), but overall it was really epic.

FMA brotherhood is definitely different. When I saw the trailer, I was reluctant, mainly because the artwork changed (though I knew it's supposed to be because it better resembles the original manga artwork... I didn't read the manga so I didn't really care) And after the first few episodes, I was kind of disconcerted because I didn't feel like going through it all over again from the start with a different story. But as a FMA fan, I continued watching anyway and slowly the story started becoming interesting. The story plot is even more intricately woven and the end was definitely better. I was already a fan before but after Brotherhood I was even more thrilled, if that's possible.

So I recommend both! xD As to another anime to recommend... I don't know... Maybe Higashi no Eden? Durarara? Actually, no anime can measure up :P

midori24
01-02-2012, 09:36 AM
i prefer FMA Brotherhood.. though i was not able to finish FMA. For me Brotherhood is the improved version of FMA..

christianmes
01-03-2012, 10:47 AM
i just don't like the ending that much but still a good anime i recommend watching it

DarkDenizen
02-15-2012, 02:25 AM
I like the plot, storyline, effects....
but the ending....It dont seem to attract me...

orangeblo0dz
03-30-2012, 02:33 AM
all in all, brotherhood was definitely better than the first release of the full metal alchemist series.

kaeru
04-24-2012, 11:19 PM
I've only seen Brotherhood since I was told it was better. I can't personally compare the two, but I thought Brotherhood rocked.

Free
04-27-2012, 08:59 PM
FMA was okay, FMA botherhood was confusing to me :(

gala1221
04-27-2012, 09:08 PM
I enjoyed the plot of FMA but it was suited more towards young children which I didn't like very much.

The ending was.. It was terrible as compared to FMA Brotherhood.

However, I would recommend people to watch both series so as to get a rough idea of whats the difference and you will know what I meant in the first sentence.

I do not have any anime recommendations that have genre near FMA because I find that FMA is quite unique among all the anime I've seen.