PDA

View Full Version : Windows 8 preview (pictures and download)

Jaw7765
03-01-2012, 07:08 AM
Windows 8 is finally nearing close this year relase, with it close by Microsoft has given us the ability to first hand try it out.

With the new style, it adds more user screen hops than with Windows 7 giving more interchange. Every program is now considered an app, but connected to your desktop.

The real major change is the addition of Xbox Live and the start menu resembling the Windows Phone. It does support touch screen support through a touch monitor or a tablet. though I don't know who owns a touch screen with a PC or how to inter-link a tablet onto useage on a PC -_- lol

Posted a couple of pictures.

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n174/DarthJaw/W45.jpg

As meaning this is Windows Phone look alike entirely. Also showing the quick change screen on far left. Also, the far bottom left is my desktop, but that servers as the start box as well. You can freely interchange any of the boxes out for other programs you may use. I replaced Internet Explorer with Fire Fox XD.

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n174/DarthJaw/W8-Copy.jpg

The weather app, nothing special, just showing an app in action per-say.

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n174/DarthJaw/W64-Copy.jpg

Pretty much explained, the new Xbox Live experience now on the computer. My XBL name is my Otaku name?! XD

All in all, a lot won't want it. I sure as hell don't, but what can we do? Tablet usage is pretty much going to the future. We pretty much have to live by what we are given.

Note: Nothing deletes, everything crosses over into the preview. It may take about an hour to fully finish. Some programs do have to be removed, but once Windows 8 is installed you're free to reinstall them. It wasn't games, or anything...I just had to get rid of Microsoft Essentials. Windows 8 comes with Microsoft Essentials, but it's now Windows Defender (About time they added ME onto Windows -_-)

Well, since you've seen it, probably said "Why are they doing this?" or perhaps "What is this crap?" Give it a shot...

Windows 8 Preview (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/consumer-preview)

Revelix
03-01-2012, 07:28 AM
that looks quite awesome :D

DarkDenizen
03-01-2012, 08:50 AM
Cool!
is there Windows 8 already?

[anne000]
03-02-2012, 04:06 AM
It does no have a start button right?
I might have a hard time using that...

yurinino
03-02-2012, 07:37 AM
awesome O_O..but for now I'll just stick to windows 7 hehehe. I'll find a hard time to analyze every detail of that windows 8

Rakkun
03-02-2012, 11:30 PM
looks complicated ._.

Unholee
03-06-2012, 09:09 AM
If all programs are gonna be applications: I will not be using windows 8.

Now you might ask yourself; What is the difference between an application and an program? No worries i shall explain this to you =)

Its more like square and rectangle question - all squares meet the definition of a rectangle, but all rectangles don't meet the definition of a square.

A program is any executable code that performs a function. The operating system is a program, so are subroutines and objects.

An application is a program that performs a function for the end user. So all application are programs. Excel is a program and an application. The GUI pieces of an Operating System are also applications.

For someone like myself whom prefers to optimize my software to all possible extent (given that i find it interesting) this would mean limiting myself. However i have yet to try out Windows 8 so therefore i should not be to judgmental i guess.

Cheers.

Benriya
03-12-2012, 10:18 AM
It looks too tablet/smartphone-ish for me. When I want to use a computer, I use Windows 7; not a tablet look-alike. I was hoping for more than this tbh.

Major Zero
03-12-2012, 11:52 PM
It looks too tablet/smartphone-ish for me. When I want to use a computer, I use Windows 7; not a tablet look-alike. I was hoping for more than this tbh.
I agree it looks more like a redefined Android

If Mac OS X can run windows on parallel and VMWare Fusion then I would say that that MAC OS X is okay as long as there is bootcamp

Ceres
03-15-2012, 02:37 AM
I haven't used a PC in many, many years because I somewhat accidentally made the switch to Mac, and found OS X to be the perfect operating system for me. However, I've lately been mildly interested in purchasing another PC just to see how far they've come (or not). Upon hearing what everyone is saying about the new interface and seeing the awful-looking (in my opinion) touch screen style I think I might reconsider that idea. Why do the creators of PCs not work on fixing the problems they already have with their products? :/

blueangel147
03-24-2013, 01:49 AM
Windows 8 is cool. But it's SO Complicated.