Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Upload
    1687 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,542 Times in 101 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default OS in CosZoom Oct 30 2010

OS, Cosplay, Charity, Prizes, Treats, Fun!

Date: October 30, 2010 (Saturday)
    Time: 2:00pm - 7:00pm
    Place: Kartzone, Mabolo Cebu City (Right beside Sykes)

Okay guys and gals, it is confirmed that OS will have its very own booth in the event. It will be right beside the counter of the bar, just when you get inside kartzone

I. About the charity
    II. Cosplay
    III. Trick or Treat
    IV. Book Drive
    V. OS Food
    VI. OS Raffle Prize
    VII. OS Stickers
    VIII. OS Entertainment
    IX. OS Shirt
    X. Other thoughts

I. About the Charity
    The whole event is for iLearners, Inc. So what's this organization for? Well, they have been helping less fortunate children along with some other organizations by arranging food programs, donating school supplies and text books as well as clothing and toys and other basic necessities. CosZoom has been planned for the benifit of iLearners Inc, so they could give more assistance to children.

II. Cosplay
    What is an otaku event without a cosplay competition. Anybody can participate in this event and anybody can vote too as to who would be the event's favorite cosplayer. If you are interested in joining, please refer on the quoted text on the first post here.

III. Trick or Treat
    Well its october, aside from being a cosplay event for charity, it is also the Holloween weekend. OS will be giving treats to kids who are in costume, between the ages 5 to 15. I repeat, ages 5 to 15 only

IV. Book Drive
    Part of helping the iLearner foundation is to donate your old (or new) text books, children's book or other reading materials and school supplies. So if you are attending the event, bring some books or school supplies if possible For those who wants to help but are unable to join, you can donate money instead and we will be the ones to buy new school supplies and hand them over to iLearners in your name. The place to donate can be found in the front page of OS, right above the shoutbox.

V. OS Food
    We are going to sell some food that will be cooked by one of OS members who is currently on the road on becoming a world class chef. His OS screen name is ZipperBear. The food that will be sold is a surprise but definitely delicious and cheap. All profits from this will be donated to charity.

VI. OS Raffly Prize
    OS will be sponsoring a prize(s) to the events in cosZoom. We do not know what it will be yet as we are hoping the prize will be donated. Hopefully it would be something nice

VII. OS Stickers
    We will be giving away stickers for free to OS members passing by or would ask for one. It is still the same stickers bobobear donated. Once again, thank you bobobear!

VIII. OS Entertainment
    We will also be setting up a LCD screen that displays HD anime previews. Something to look at while you are eating :) (uhh, why would you do that, go and watch the cosplayers XD)

IX. OS T-Shirt
    Thanks to your support and creative minds, we now have some designs we can use to print and distribute to our members. But for now, we will be just printing raven's design. We have found a decent printer and will be visiting the guy to check on the quality of the shirts he makes. But I heard its high quality shirts and prints, hopefully its true and hope we can negotiate a cheap price for it.

Currently we are having trouble financially on setting up the booth and arranging for the food, etc., and therefore don't think we will be able to print a lot of shirts in advance. We just don't have the initial capital for it

As for the pricing, we will confirm the cost on this thread, once we have more information. We expect it to be somewhere around 300 to 350 php ($6-$8) each.

Please let us know if your definitely coming to the event and are interested in ordering a shirt so we will have an idea on how many shirts we really need to initially print.

X. Other thoughts
    Honestly, OS doesn't have surplus funds for this event. Our current money we have now is just enough for the monthly server upkeep This is a really good opportunity for us to show that even a community like ours - scattered around the world can also participate in an outreach program like this. For the setting up of the booth and all the other expenses, its all being borne by 3 friends - two of whom are some of the very first members of OS, who will be using their own pocket money and therefore you can understand that we are kinda having a hard time coming up with enough money, especially for the T-shirts. So for those who want to help out and will definitely be coming to the event, you can donate school supplies and text books. For those who won't be able to make it but want to contribute, you can donate money to help alleviate the expenses Lets make this a success XD

Again, OS members who might be attending on the event, please reply so we will have a good idea how many OS members will attend and who they are They will be listed below. Please refrain from posting "Aww, I'm not from cebu, I won't be able to attend it" type posts. Thank you

Members who will attend
    UPDATE 1:
    The shirt come in sizes but depending on the funds, we might or we might not be able to sell them at the event because we need initial capital to print them. Just hope we will be able to sell them on that day :)

UPDATE 2:
    Thought I would post the expenses.
    • Food ... 3,000
    • Raffle Price ... 800
    • Tarpaulin ... 600
    • Shirt design material ... 500
    • Shirt printing ... 210 x 10 (Asumming 10 shirts will printed)
    Total : 7,000

Donators:
    • Cabale ... $50 (Php 2,150)
    • Bindu1000 ... $25 (Php 1075)
    UPDATE 3:
    Its confirmed, the shirt price would be Php 240.00. Additional 10 peso for XL. Profit will go to the charity. So if you want to order, let us know so we can prepare the shirt before hand.

UPDATE 4:
    Hey guys, we have a bummer news update. We are just informed that there might be a chance that the shirt might not be able to make it in the event. There might be a chance that it does but unlikely. The purpose of the whole event was to donate 100% of profit to charity but if it gets delayed, we wont be able to donate it. So we were thinking that if the worse case scenario does happen, we will cancel the orders and have to re-allocate the funds to buying school supplies and other things so we can donate all profit in the end of the event.

Sorry guys, just hope the shirts can make it :(

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to avich For This Useful Post:

Bindu1000 (10-22-2010), junbillgahi (10-29-2010), ranmachua (10-22-2010), russj (10-23-2010), sapphire08wa (10-26-2010),  (10-22-2010), vivien (10-23-2010)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

im comming :D but not sure if i can record it Y___Y..sorry sorry sorry... (can not yet fixed)..ill try asking my friends if they can bring cam :D

? Loiuse Loiuse Loiuse ? crazyneil's Avatar
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I'm going to go >:D... hmmmm now to save money for the shirt ehehe
    Spoiler :  

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

i just hope i could go... but i f could, im sorry i cant record it.. :(( but, maybe i could post some pics...

now for the shirt... hmmm, gotta save.. :((

ゆきろ yukiro
    Upload
    289 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I AM FROM CEBU! AND I WILL BE DEFINITELY GOING!!!!!!! : ))

Yey! I have enough money for the t-shirt...

I hope the t-shirt is not too big for me...do the t-shirts come in any sizes??

See you all there~OS admins and members!!!

[Tamaki] [Fai] [Usui] [Sebastian] [L Lawliet] [Yuki] [Kuran Kaname]
    HOT, aren't they?
    moe~moe~ <3

Support Administrator Eh?

Upload
    5238 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,382 Times in 73 Posts
    Blog Entries

Okay members ... which part of

"
    Again, OS members who might be attending on the event, please reply so we will have a good idea how many OS members will attend and who they are. They will be listed below. Please refrain from posting "Aww, I'm not from cebu, I won't be able to attend it" type posts. Thank you

Did you guys not understand??

1) This thread is to see who will be definitely coming and if so - will you want a T-shirt?

2) If you want someone else to buy it for you or your not sure but would like to book one - pls remember WE DONT HAVE THE FUNDS TO PRINT EXTRA. So pls help to pay upfront. If you dont pay in advance, there is no guarantee there will be anything for you by the time you get there

3) This is for charity - not for us, so forget the shirts, forget the cosplay, just pls try and make it there to support the organisers and pls bring with you old and new books, stationary, etc to help promote the minds and learning of the under-privileged children of the Philippines. Especially after the recent Super Typhoon disaster - the children of Philippines need your love and generosity now more than ever!

4) For those who are not in Philippines, not coming, not interested in T-shirt and just want to help ... pls donate and pm us with the details of where you would like your money to go (text books, or stationary or towards the goods we are selling in the stall) and we will ensure your wishes are carried out and you get a clear statement of account of how yr funds were used.

For the rest of you who are not in Cebu and cannot make it - pls DO NOT post here. There will be other events in your part of the world and when these come around, we will give you a place here to post and help organise members getting together. We solemnly Promise!!!

Clear???

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I will definitely come...99.9% for sure and i will also buy os tshirt...!!!
    POWER UP

Spoiler :  

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Im in cebu!! I coming and i would like to buy the OS t-shirt

Harem King

Upload
    23 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

im GOING me and Sora Kasugano and Lordbugan they will ride in my car :D

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

il be going TO :D

AJjudez Will be my body GUard BWAHAHAH
    IT HUGE OK LETS CALL THIS IPPO NUCLEARSHOOTER!!!~

Courage is not the lack of Fear but the ability to Face it."

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

im going to and i want OS tshirt too...

3CheersForSweetRevenge
    Upload
    23 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

im going too.

i wont be cosplaying as planned though T_T !!!

USOOOOOOO!!!
    ALL HAIL OS~!!

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

hahaha im surely going..HAHAHA i will buy the t-shirt too..HAHAHAHA

is 16.5‘ing FiQ5149 ~
    Dazzling The Stage ~ Visual Novels: 314 Played Heroines/Girls:1,801 Conquered
    Upload
    288 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,655 Times in 343 Posts
    Blog Entries

Im Definitely Going ~

Quote Originally Posted by kellybang View Post
    im GOING me and Sora Kasugano and Lordbugan they will ride in my car :D
    haha , of course and anyways good luck to us and hope we dont get lost xD

Harem King

Upload
    23 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sora Kasugano View Post
    Im Definitely Going ~

haha , of course and anyways good luck to us and hope we dont get lost xD
    im bad at directions dude ~_~ HAHA we'll just ask for direction

@the T shirt- you can have cheap printing if you want. you can go to Robinson its 80 per print + the t-shirt..you can bring your own t-shirt there and just pay for the print...

OS Regular
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

i'd like to go there especially for the shirt, the only problem is Im in Pasay city right now

Upload
    1687 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,542 Times in 101 Posts
    Blog Entries

Its confirmed, the shirt price would be Php 240.00. Additional 10 peso for XL. Profit will go to the charity. So if you want to order, let us know so we can prepare the shirt before hand.

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Yessss afordable :d 240 hell yeah xddd
    IT HUGE OK LETS CALL THIS IPPO NUCLEARSHOOTER!!!~

Courage is not the lack of Fear but the ability to Face it."

is 16.5‘ing FiQ5149 ~
    Dazzling The Stage ~ Visual Novels: 314 Played Heroines/Girls:1,801 Conquered
    Upload
    288 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,655 Times in 343 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by avich View Post
    ill order one chiva-sama xD

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

i'll attend too...
    with nostalgia823. thank you very much...
    I DONT LIKE THE WAY YOU LOOK AT ME