PDA

View Full Version : First avatar ever

ewaldhew
12-30-2011, 08:48 AM
Ok I just uploaded my first avatar on this site a few hours ago and would like to seek some comments. I personally feel something is missing/wrong with it but cant quite put my finger on it (it just doesnt look good enough). I put this avatar together from two screencaps of Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko episode 3, as well as this image: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7808038/108095.png

So, pls give me your comments. Thinking of make a simple siggy next, when I feel like it, in roughly the same way (grab random pics and put together), so some ideas would be helpful too :D

Sin Of Love
12-30-2011, 09:07 AM
Ewaldhew Your Spoiler image is not showing please fix it first.

ewaldhew
12-30-2011, 07:30 PM
o.o it works fine on my side. Either way, I reuploaded the image on my Dropbox, hope it shows up now.

Sin Of Love
12-31-2011, 01:26 PM
So did you draw her?

Kimono
12-31-2011, 07:33 PM
The reason why it probably doesn't look right is because she was drawn lying on some sort of surface, like a bed or couch. Having her propped vertically in the air like that with nothing against her back makes it look a bit awkward. Other than that, good job.

ewaldhew
01-01-2012, 09:28 PM
So did you draw her?

Nope I didn't. I'm too noob for that ><

The reason why it probably doesn't look right is because she was drawn lying on some sort of surface, like a bed or couch. Having her propped vertically in the air like that with nothing against her back makes it look a bit awkward. Other than that, good job.

Thanks for the comment. I guess it is because of the lighting right? ,since I rotated her it looks like it comes in from the side.. Maybe I should learn how to draw so I can avoid these things..but I dunno where to start /hmm

xiety
01-02-2012, 04:08 AM
first of all its obviously not right
using that background your supposedly to make a character or an object falling from the sky
second is that the character's position is not right or unfit to the background
third you should put feathers effect for better background falling from the sky

lastly i dont like the sea blue i want it red

Lighten your name by using opacity 20% below to become watermark
An example is my current sig. if you manage to see my name there, you have good eyes